{Bedroom Bliss}

Thursday, April 29, 2010

{Bedroom Bliss}

I would happily set up camp in either of these two bedrooms. Is it just me or are yellow and black a total match made in heaven?!


I like how the heavy, panelled walls are softened with the bright pop of yellow in the softly upholstered headboard. I rather like the idea of having such a minimalist bedroom. Not in the traditional sense (white walls, white linens, white just about everything). No, I mean minimalist in the sense of 'scaled-back'. Using a tam tam stool as a nightstand and a cosy, but has-seen-better-days rug makes the room feel lived-in and relaxed, instead of feeling fixed or so beautiful I would be scared to sleep in it! What I suppose I am trying to say is: I like the fact it's a little rough around the edges.

Images: Living Etc

I'd like to think I would be brave enough to paint a bedroom grey, but I'm not quite there yet. Still, I posted this grey and yellow combo because I instantly fell in love with the headboard. (I've got a bit of a thing for headboards at the moment as I'm looking for a new one!) I never knew navy, yellow and purple could look so scrumptious together. But my goodness, don't they look good? Again, there's nothing too OTT or fancy about this scheme: it's comfortable, welcoming and oozes sophisticated style. I'd be very happy with this bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment