{Colour Inspiration: Brown}

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

{Colour Inspiration: Brown}

Watching Friends years ago I remember thinking how much I liked the brown leather sofa in Central Perk, it's worn and battered appearance somehow making it even more attractive. I think brown is a colour I would always add through anything but walls or curtains. For me, this is a colour that is at it's best when it's left to age and show its inconsistencies - be it in a battered kitchen table top, a gorgeous hide rug (1) or a well-used Louis Vuitton brown suitcase as a nightstand (8), which I think is an inspired idea. Have you used brown in any of your decor schemes?








Images: 1. HouseandHome; 2. Urbanstylevibes; 3. Desiretoinspire; 4. Anitta Behrendt via decor8; 5. Manolohome; 6. TableTonic; 7. Purplearea; 8. Shelterinteriordesign

No comments:

Post a Comment