{Colour Cocktail: Grey and Yellow}

Friday, June 18, 2010

{Colour Cocktail: Grey and Yellow}

I've felt quite inspired by masculine-meeting-feminine spaces this week; from the sophisticated and colourful designs of Nate Berkus, to the fun my style challenge ran by Ally. So, I decided to make this week's colour cocktail on a combo that worked perfectly in such spaces. I love both of these shades - on their own or as a combo, but the latter really helps to bring each partner alive. Don't you think the grey makes the yellow pop and the yellow makes the grey look deep, thoughtful and comforting? This is the kinda colour cocktail you'd expect to see in a high-end Manhattan hotel with a room over looking the park and the glistening lights and yellow cabs below acting as an extension of the scheme. I'm going to dream of this over the weekend...whatever you do, I hope you have a great time and see you next week. x

Images (top, left to right): 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

No comments:

Post a Comment