House Beautiful, February 2011

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

House Beautiful, February 2011

It's probably been a good year or so since I last picked up a copy of House Beautiful, but I was pleasantly surprised by what I found within the February issue. Clean, structured layouts, short, snappy features mixed with in depth articles and great product round ups made for an issue I devoured in one sitting. I wanted to share my personal standout story from the makeover issue: Light & Bright, a refreshing and colourful Cape Cod-style cottage on a canal in Venice, California. I love how designer Alexandra Angle uses both stripes and checks in her patterns in the seating areas, whilst the kitchen features open shelving in Farrow & Ball shades. Outside, a similar relaxed vibe and refreshing style continues with an intimate entertaining space, complete with John Robshaw floor pillows. What do you like about this space?
House Beautiful | Interior design by Alexandra Angle | Photographs by Victoria Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment