{10 Things Nichole Learned This Weekend...}

Monday, September 20, 2010

{10 Things Nichole Learned This Weekend...}

I'm delighted to welcome Nichole from the ever-inspiring little brown pen blog, who is kicking off the first of this week's four guest posts by sharing with us the 10 things she learned this weekend. Take it away, Nichole!
-------


1. The sound of a train whistle reminds me of my grandfather. I can’t figure out why.
2. Reading Hemingway wax happy about drinking wine in a park, and barely living above the poverty level, makes me feel like, despite valiant efforts, I still have too much stuff.  
3. Costco makes good apple pie.
4. I like the smell of garlic and onions sizzling in olive oil  just about as much as I like the scent of fresh-baked chocolate cake.
5. The fragrant white flowers on my blooming autumn clematis were worth the wait.
6. The tudors in my town are stunning.
7. I won't miss summer.
8. I have enough leftover basil to make at least three rounds of pesto, and enough sage to make one.
9. I'm really sad our woodpecker flew south.
10. That forecast indicates fog and drizzle on the day I arrive back in Paris this week. Happy dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment