Details, Lili Diallo

Monday, January 24, 2011

Details, Lili Diallo

I've been excited to read Lili Diallo's book, Details, since I heard about the project late last year - now I've had the chance the leaf through the pages of Clarkson Potter's latest offering, I know it doesn't disappoint. You will find yourself lost for hours in amongst the streams of inspirational photography by Annie Schlechter, who so perfectly captures Diallo's work. Split into five sections - Texture, Colour, Objects, Mood, Dash of Style - it's easy to dip in to quickly to find specific ideas, or take time to leisurely read the book. Given Diallo's passion for the details, it was no surprise that I found myself drawn to the close up vignettes she had created: Delicate blooms soften a navy tablescape; Espresso bowls, and vintage tea cups in brightly coloured hues, offset a white crockery set; and Polaroids add personality to a mantle. Diallo's tone is friendly, upbeat and personable throughout, which, for me, is the book's strongest USP. That said, I was never not going to love a book with a section titled, 'Staging a Bright Intervention', was I?!
Details by Lili Diallo (Text written with Zoe Wolff) | Photography by Annie Schlechter | Published by Clarkson Potter

No comments:

Post a Comment