Parisian Times

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Parisian Times

Well, friends, I'm back from Paris and despite having a fever for the first two days, I had a magnificent time - thank you for all your generous comments whilst I was away. My last two trips to the french capital have been graced with crisp, clear blue skies. This year, however, was a different story. Grey skies, drizzle and bitingly cold winds dominated the trip. After fighting the fever, and determined not to let anything ruin the visit, I embraced the grey skies by shooting some snaps through a sepia lens. Here are a few photographs that I hold fond memories of: The breathtaking square of Place des Vosges, the soothing symmetry of the tree-lined streets that lead away from the Arc de Triomphe and, of course, the Eiffel Tower glistening delicately in the night sky. As for my shoes, well, I liked the way the camera captured the weathered effect of the suede; it told the story of the trip perfectly - walking, walking, walking! We stayed in The Marais and spent most of our days wondering in and out of independent boutiques, florists and kitchens. I could go back in a heartbeat, but at the same time there is something special about returning to the comforts of home. I've missed you guys - it's good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment