Livingetc, January 2011

Monday, November 29, 2010

Livingetc, January 2011

In her editor's welcome, Carmel Allen writes about pushing boundaries when it comes to interior decorating, and she makes a great point: Don't be afraid to push your comfort zone, as no matter how small your step outside of it is, you'll feel exhilarated for doing it. I couldn't agree more, Carmel! When it comes to homes, you'll see from the home tours featured on Bright.Bazaar that I feel drawn towards spaces with a quirk or something out of the ordinary. No surprise, then, that this issue is one of my favourites from the Livingetc gang in a the last few months. Inside you'll find a 2011 trend forecast, a tour of Meg Mathews 'punk pink' home, the best typography pieces and great ideas for table settings, amongst many more homes and product round ups. I've selected some of the editorials and stories that stood out for me. My top tearsheet? It has to be the home office of Barnaba Fornasetti (shown below in home tours) for it's mix of whimsy with clean, modern lines. Which pages call out to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment